What do I need to do to obtain a trainee’s permit?
First, you will need to fill out the application for trainee’s permit. You will need to send the completed application, $120 fee, and a letter from your healthcare provider stating that you are free from communicable disease. Mail to the address on the application.

What happens after I apply for a permit?
Your information will be sent to the International Hearing Society (IHS). They will email you to set you up with an account to begin preparing for the International Licensing Exam (ILE).

What examination(s) do I take to become a licensed Hearing Aid dealer?
First you will need to pass the ILE. After passing you will need to take the State Practical test and the State Jurisprudence test. The current testing dates will be on the website.

What are the fees for testing?
The fee schedule is:
State Practical:  $150
Retest :                $75
State Law Test:  $50
Retest:                 $50

Will you notify me when it is time to renew my license?
As a courtesy we send out a reminder, but it is ultimately your responsibility to make sure you renew your license by the last day of June.

When do I send CEU’s?
Proof of a minimum of 20 CEU’s are due every even numbered year (2020). You can send these in when you renew your license.

What are the fees for applications and forms?

All applications and forms have a fee of $120.00.

How do I file a complaint?

Please send an email to boardofhearingaiddealers@frontier.com  stating that you would like to file a complaint. We will send you the form necessary to begin the complaint process and answer any questions you may have.